The tour of Lake Mimizan is possible since July 18, 2020.
Some practical information
- duration : 3h30 minimum
- distance: 13.5 km; pedestrian route
- difficulty: intermediate (some sandy areas)
- elevation gain: none
- starting point: in Aureilhan, car park on the lakeside near the roundabout and the supervised beach
- beaconing : official beaconing placed clockwise from Aureilhan, towards Mimizan, Ste Eulalie, St Paul and Aureilhan.
- guidebook: The descriptive sheet (in French) of the route is available at the Intercommunal Tourist Office of Mimizan; it is part of the many circuits (9) proposed on the country of Born including loops in Pontenx, Mézos, St Paul, Mimizan. This topoguide is sold for 2 €.
- other advice and recommendations: don't forget water, a cap, walking shoes and mosquito repellent (especially on sunny days), don't leave any rubbish, stay on the marked trail, keep dogs on a leash, etc.