The traditional market
The market is a must for anyone who loves good seasonal, local products, and of course offers a friendly atmosphere.
- Fridays from 8 am to 1 pm: traditional market in Mimizan Bourg (behind the town hall)
- Thursday to Sunday: covered market in Mimizan Plage (Place du Marché)
- Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm: food market in Pontenx-Les-Forges (Place du Village)
- Every Thursday from 15 June to 15 September, 8 am to 1 pm: market selling food, clothing, etc. at Mimizan plage (between Mimizan Intercommunal Tourist Office and the arenas)
- During the month of December: in most municipalities in the Mimizan Community of Communes (St Paul en Born, Pontenx les Forges, Mézos, Mimizan Bourg and Mimizan Plage); see the Diary section for dates
>> To find out more, please see the Diary section
The local producers’ market
Consisting entirely of farmers and artisan producers, these markets favour direct contact between producer and consumer. They can be recognised by their logo and the “Marché des Producteurs de Pays” trademark. They have two main advantages:
- direct sales from producer to consumer
- authentic products prepared using the traditional skills of each “land” ( "pays").
At these Markets, you will find many food products as well as traditional artisan products specific to each “land”.
At these markets, you can shop for the best local products and enjoy them on the premises. In 2016, 3 local producers’ markets will take place in July:
- In Aureilhan, on 20 July
- In Pontenx les Forges, on 26 July
- In Mézos, on 5 July